This recipe makes enough dough for about 5 thin crispy pizzas.
15 mins preparation
1 hour wait for the dough to prove (or overnight)
500g white bread flour (or 300g white / 200g wholemeal) plus extra for rolling out
2tsp fast action yeast
400ml warm water (use some from the kettle)
30ml olive oil
1. Weigh out the flour and put the salt at one side of the bowl, the yeast at the opposite side. Make a fist sized hole in the centre of the flour.
2. Pour the oil into the centre.
3. Pour most of the water into the centre.
4. Using your fingers in a claw position, stir the water into the flour, scraping the sides of the bowl with your knuckles until it is all mixed together.
5. The mixture should be fairly sticky so add more water if a little dry.
6. Once all of the ingredients are roughly mixed, tip onto a floured bread board.
7. Knead the dough for up to 10 minutes until it becomes a stretchy and smooth dough.
8. Put the dough into a v large tupperware ( large enough for the dough to double in size) and cover with a lid or Cling film and tea towel.
9. This dough will be ready to use in about an hour or the next day if you prefer.